top of page



Car Accidents

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: What should I do if I get into an accident?
A: If you are hurt in the accident:
  • CALL 911 or have someone call immediately.
  • Go to the hospital even if you think it may be minor.
  • If someone is with you, have them get the information including name of other driver and witnesses, information about the other vehicle including license plate number, year, make, model and color and then make sure to get pictures.
  • The priority is making sure you are OK.
  • Contact your insurance carrier with any and all information available.
  • Call a lawyer. Insurance carriers try to protect their clients and money and you need to protect yourself. Attorney Loo can give you a free consultation and help you understand the process.
Many accidents are just fender benders. In those cases, here are some steps that can help you get things sorted out.
  • Pull over to a side of the road, if possible.
  • If safe, get out of the car and speak with the other person. Make sure everyone is OK.
  • Exchange names, addresses, phone numbers and insurance carriers. If possible get the policy number. Note the color, make and license plates of the cars involved.
  • If there are witnesses, get their name, address, and telephone number. If you just see cars, writing down the make, model and license plate number might help.
  • If possible, photograph all damaged cars, the accident scene and anything else that might be useful later using your cell phone camera.
  • If the accident has injuries and/or has debris, is causing traffic problems or other things which could be dangerous, call 911.
  • As soon as you are able, call your insurance company and tell them about the accident. Be prepared to give the all information collected at the scene of the accident.
Q: When do I need a lawyer?
A: If you have been hurt in an accident, call Attorney Loo as soon as you are able. He will talk with you as part of a free consultation and a good lawyer can help you navigate the legal system and insurance companies and protect your rights. Many times, Attorney Loo can simply offer you advice and you can negotiate small things yourself.
Q: My car is totaled. What to do?
A: If the other driver is at fault, you will be paid fair market value for your car by his/her insurance company. If the other driver is uninsured, your insurance company will pay you the value minus your deductible that is in your automobile policy.



bottom of page